Number of sessions necessary
1 to 4 sessions
of the session
between 2 sessions
2 to 4 weeks
of the session
from 180 chf
I USE PEELING BECAUSE I WANT TO :
- Regain a luminous and radiant complexion
- Benefit from a clean, healthy and soft skin
- Smooth away the fine lines and age wrinkles
- Fade my acne and/or acne scars
- Hide my rash
- Reduce my pigmentation spots
Every day, you lose several million dead skin cells from the surface of your face. Unfortunately, your body cannot get rid of all your dead cells on its own. Over time, these cells accumulate on the surface of your skin, preventing your epidermis from renewing itself properly.
Today, it is your dead cells that are responsible for the formation of many of your skin’s imperfections. Facial peeling is the aesthetic intervention that will remove the first layers of your skin, covered with dead cells, so that your body can replace them with new cells. By peeling your face, recover a natural complexion and a rejuvenated face: effects guaranteed!
FACE PEELING PRESENTATION
By applying a product to your face, the peel removes all the dead cells from your epidermis that are responsible for your imperfections. Facial peeling consists of regenerating your skin, sometimes by peeling it so that it can renew itself: this is called exfoliation.
This aesthetic intervention will naturally reactivate your natural production of collagen and the new cells of your skin.
By making “new skin” thanks to facial peeling, you quickly regain a luminous complexion, a clear and visibly softer skin. In addition to a healthier skin, the peel will help to erase certain imperfections of your face. It can reduce wrinkles, fade acne scars, rosacea (redness) or pigmentation spots.
Partially exfoliate the skin on your face by peeling it off. This is what you do when you unwittingly get a sunburn or when you do a scrubbing treatment. Obviously, the benefits of its effects are far too limited to provide an effective and long-lasting solution for your skin. If you wish to awaken your complexion and regain young skin, peeling is the facial aesthetic treatment for you.
Depending on the effects you expect from this practice, there are three different peeling intensities:
- The gentle peeling (superficial peeling) essentially acts on the superficial layers of your skin. The result of the treatment brings a more luminous complexion and a beautiful glow to your face. By tightening the pores and eliminating imperfections, the gentle peel will be able to treat tired and blurred complexions, light pigmentation spots as well as acne problems. The product used will often be glycolic acid derived from fruit acids.
- The medium peeling is the intermediate peel treatment. Some skin types require care to treat some of the more pronounced facial imperfections. This is the case for small wrinkles (fine lines), acne scars, more pronounced pigmentation spots or stretch marks for example. A TCA or Trichloroacetic Acid (acid derived from vinegar) peel will often be proposed at this stage.
- The deep peeling is the most powerful peeling treatment. The cosmetic doctor spreads a very acidic product on your face that deeply penetrates several layers of your skin. Depending on the intensity of the treatment, it is only used to correct skin with strong irregularities: deep wrinkles, pregnancy spots, depressed scars, etc. With this intervention, your production of new cells is then much more intense. Considered a heavy treatment, deep peeling is not recommended for black, mixed race or Asian skin, particularly because of the high risk of depigmentation.
During your first consultation at the clinic, your aesthetic doctor will assess your needs and guide you towards the most suitable medical facial peeling technique for you.
To learn more about our facial treatments, do not hesitate to contact our aesthetic clinic.
FACIAL PEELING TREATED AREAS
Facial peeling is a dermatological procedure that is mainly performed on all or part of the surface of your face. If necessary, the peel can also be performed on the neck, hands or low-neck. Between gentle, medium and deep peeling, it is not the treated area that changes, but the intensity of the product used, depending on the expected penetration.
COURSE OF THE FACIAL PEELING INTERVENTION
BEFORE THE INTERVENTION
In order to choose the facial peeling treatment (gentle, medium or deep) that best suits your needs, your cosmetic doctor will begin by carefully examining your face. Depending on your practitioner’s diagnosis, you will be directed to the facial treatment that is most relevant to your skin.
In order for you to benefit from an optimal result, your aesthetic doctor will prescribe creams to be applied to your face for 2 to 3 weeks before your dermatological treatment or intervention. These creams will promote the penetration of the peeling solution and prolong its effects.
As soon as you return to the clinic after this short period, your facial peeling session can begin.
ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVENTION
First of all, your cosmetic doctor will check that you have no contraindications to the procedure. Once this check-up has been carried out, he or she will remove make-up and carefully cleanse your face. Once your skin is perfectly sterile, your doctor can delicately apply the product that will exfoliate your face.
For a gentle peeling, your aesthetic doctor uses a fruit acid (AHA) with a concentration of more than 30%. For a medium peeling, it is a trichloroacetic acid (AHA) with a concentration of 15 to 30%. For a deep peeling, phenol is applied to your facial skin.
At the end of the procedure and depending on the reaction of your skin, your cosmetic doctor finishes the procedure by neutralizing the acid.
If your intervention involves a gentle peeling, the redness on your face begins to fade 15 to 20 minutes after the intervention. Small desquamations may appear after 3 to 5 days, but the consequences are generally simple. The desquamation occurs after 3 to 5 days, you gradually lose small flakes of skin, just like a sunburn.
If your intervention involves a medium or deep peeling, your skin will take on a brown tint that will last longer after the operation. The desquamation takes place after 6 to 10 days following the operation. A post-operative protocol of local care must be scrupulously followed (moisturizing cream, spray, etc.).
The procedure lasts 20 minutes on average for a gentle peeling, compared to a maximum of 30 minutes for a medium or deep peeling. Depending on the protocol chosen, it is possible to feel tingling and a sensation of warmth when the acid is applied.
AFTER THE INTERVENTION
Whatever your dermatological treatment or procedure, you will need to be careful about sun exposure after your session.
FACIAL PEELING SIDE-EFFECTS
- For a superficial peeling, you get a simple exfoliation, the consequences are simple (light redness). There is no social eviction.
- For medium to deep peelings, the consequences are more important and sometimes require social eviction, depending on the protocol. Due to the chemical action, redness, oedema, desquamation and even oozing may occur.
CONTRAINDICATIONS TO THE PEEL INJECTION PROCEDURE
The contraindications to a facial peeling session are as follows:
- Recent sun exposure or UV
- Irritated skin and skin lesions
- High phototypes (depending on the product chosen)
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT